Briana has The Avengers sequel, the BioShock Infinite delay, and more in the Rundown.
– Surprise, surprise, The Avengers is officially getting a sequel. Don’t get your hopes up for it coming soon though, as Disney has released no details, and they were mainly just stating the obvious. It’s safe to assume that before we see the Avengers team up a second time, we will be treated to Iron Man 3, Captain America 2, Thor 2, possibly a new Hulk film, and maybe even a Dr. Strange and Ant-Man movie so they can get in on the team action as well. Either way, there are superheroes in our future no matter which way you look at it. And that’s a good thing.
– Rebecca Hall (The Town) has replaced Jessica Chastain in her role in Iron Man 3. No word yet on what that role is, but we have a lot of details to learn before the 2013 release.
– Kick-Ass 2 is in the beginning stages of production. The main cast is expected to return, although original director Matthew Vaughn has moved into a producing role, as he is busy with his X-Men: First Class sequel, along with comic creator Mark Millar. The new director is said to be Jeff Wadlow, who helmed 2008 MMA flick Never Back Down. But we won’t hold that against him.
– DC Universe Online will get its fourth big update this June. Called The Last Laugh, this update will see the Joker return and wreak havoc in the online world. The update will have more focus on PvP battles, and feature characters from the Green Lantern universe.
– EP’s most anticipated game of this fall is now our most anticipated game of February 26, 2013. Bioshock Infinite has been delayed by a few months for some more polish, and will also be absent from E3 this June. We are sure it will be worth the wait.
– In celebration of the 20th anniversary of Wolfenstein 3D, id Software has given everyone two ways to play it for free. The first is a simple browser-based version, complete will all original levels, music, and awful controls. The second is the newly free Platinum edition of the Wolfenstein 3D app for iOS devices. This one features updated controls, letting you control your movement and aiming with two thumbs. Check out the free browser game here, and catch the link to the iOS app here.