Briana has the latest intel on Republique, the end of 30 Rock, and more in the Rundown.
– Fox comedy mainstays Family Guy and American Dad have both been renewed for two more years, into the 2013-2014 season. The Cleveland Show doesn’t have quite the safety net however, as while it will be back next year it did not also get a two year deal.
– Critical darling 30 Rock will be back for one last 13 episode season next fall. Despite never garnering huge ratings, the show has managed to stick around for seven seasons. In other news to make geeks all over jump with joy, Community has been renewed for a fourth season. It is also a shorter order of 13 episodes, but the possibility remains for more to be ordered during the year. Check out our Community cast interviews here.
– Another graphic novel is getting the big screen treatment. Feeding Ground, the story of a Mexican family hunted by werewolves as they struggle to cross the border into the United States, has been announced. No release date as of yet, the film will be produced by both the comic book creators and American Psycho producer Edward R. Pressman.
– The first trailer for 1940’s gangster flick Gangster Squad has popped up online. Directed by Ruben Fleischer (Zombieland), Gangster Squad sees Josh Brolin and Ryan Gosling as the LAPD tracking down notorious mobster Mickey Cohen, played by Sean Penn.
– At the final hour, Republique successfully met its Kickstarter goal of $500,000. The iOS/PC/Mac game still has a ways to go however, as they hope to raise another half a million from outside sources for a total budget of around $1 million. This is still great news, as it means developer Camouflaj can make the game they want to make and retain creative control. Over the course of the campaign the game went from just an iOS title to include PC and Mac, and also recruited voice talent from the likes of David Hayter (Metal Gear Solid) and Jennifer Hale (Mass Effect).
– Prepare your wallets, for Ubisoft has already announced the first round of DLC for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. While the game doesn’t launch until next week, the publisher has already announced Arctic Strike. The pack will include an unspecified number of new maps, a new game mode, and six additional weapons.