Victor has the first details on Bungie’s next game, casting news on the Highlander remake, and more in the Rundown.
- Do you stay up at night hoping and praying for a remake of Highlander starring Ryan Reynolds? Tough noogies, you’re getting one anyway. Reynolds is the frontrunner for the role, which would have him play immortal swordsman Connor MacLeod, whose battles take him from 16th century Scottish Highlands all the way to present day New York. Shooting will begin this year with Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (Intruders) directing.
- Now let’s talk about things people actually are excited for. Breaking Bad’s final season now has a premiere date of July 15. It will span eight episodes, the first half of the season, with the final eight airing in the summer of 2013. If you need to get caught up, or if you just enjoy owning amazing television, Breaking Bad season four hits Blu-Ray June 5.
- SyFy has announced that Sanctuary has been cancelled, and will not be back for a fifth season. As the fourth season finished last December, this means the show will not be able to have proper closure, at least not in its standard format. Sanctuary started life as a web series in 2007, so cross your fingers that it may wrap its story up in the same format in the future.
- The first teaser trailer for upcoming 007 film Skyfall has been released, and it is glorious. Check it out below. The movie releases November 9.
- Nolan North is known to gamers not only as the voice of Uncharted’s Nathan Drake, but as a voice in pretty much every single game this generation. He was even Penguin in Batman: Arkham City. Now however we will see him on the big screen in JJ Abrams’ sequel to Star Trek. Abrams gave North the part because he is a huge fan of the Uncharted series, as everyone should be. The Star Trek sequel will release May 17, 2013
- Very early details have been accidentally leaked regarding Halo developer Bungie’s next game. Code named Destiny, it will be a sci-fi shooter published by Activision. Speculated to release in 2013 on current consoles, with sequels set for release in 2015, 17 and 19 on next-gen hardware, Bungie is obviously putting a large amount of stock into the title’s success. Also of note is that this is being developed for Microsoft and Sony hardware, keeping in line with their post-Halo desire to multi platform. We will keep you posted once more details surface.
- Bond-hopping game 007 Legends has it’s first trailer, showing off Moonraker as the first film you will take part in. Moonraker is just one of six films that 007 Legends pays homage to, the others will be revealed leading up to the game’s release this fall.
- The “awesome looking games we won’t get to play this year club” is getting more popular, as both DmC: Devil May Cry and Aliens: Colonial Marines have joined the list. This is after recent news that Tomb Raider won’t make this fall either. No matter, though. Between Halo, Hitman, Call of Duty, and many more, you will be plenty busy come this holiday season.