Briana has details about David Hayter and Jennifer Hale joinging the cast of Republique, the first intel on Company of Heroes 2, and more in the Rundown.
- The third trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man has been officially released. Offering a better look at villain The Lizard (including a couple fan-service shots of him in his iconic lab coat), you can catch it on the big screen in front of The Avengers, or online right here!
- Hot off the critical and commercial success of Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, director Brad Bird is returning to live-action with 1952, a sci-fi project co-written by Damon Lindleof (Prometheus, Lost). It’s still a ways away, but we will keep you informed as details come in.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt is going to produce and star in a remake of The Little Shop of Horrors. No release date has been set, but this will be the third version of the film after the 1986 remake starring Rick Moranis of the 1960 original starring Jack Nicholson. Got all that? You can catch Levitt next in both the Dark Knight Rises, and sci-fi thriller Looper.
- Amber Heard (The Rum Diary, Drive Angry) has joined the cast of Machete kills, sequel to the 2010 grindhouse-inspired Machete. Mel Gibson has also joined the cast, and both will be in the company of returning stars Michelle Rodriguez and Jessica Alba. Machete Kills will release in 2013.
- Are you as bummed as we are that there was no Avengers video game released along with the movie? Well, Marvel has unveiled the downloadable Avengers pinball table coming to Pinball FX2 on 360, and Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 and Vita. Granted it isn’t the action packed game were are all hoping for, this looks to be as close as we’ll get for now.
- The team behind ambitious iOS/PC/Mac game Republique keep the talent pouring in. Just announced to be involved are voice actors David Hayter (Solid Snake in the Metal Gear Solid series) and Jennifer Hale (Commander Shepherd in Mass Effect). The Republique Kickstarter campaign is in its last week, so be sure to check it out and contribute!
- 2006 real-time strategy game Company of Heroes finally has a sequel in the works. An online-only follow up (titled, Company of Heroes Online, dontcha know) was released in 2010, but this will be the first full-fledged sequel. Company of Heroes 2 is set to arrive in 2013.
- A new Family Guy games has been outed by Amazon, titled Family Guy: Back to the Mulitverse. This appears to be adapted from one of the more classic episodes of the show, season 8’s Road to the Multiverse. That episode has Brian and Stewie traveling between various dimensions of their worlds, each one represented by a different animation style (claymation, Disney, etc). No official details have been announced, but we will keep you posted. Family Guy Online is currently in open beta, which you can learn more about here.
- We have a couple more pieces of news on Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. This will be the first to offer a branching storyline, giving the player more choices than ever before. The popular Zombie mode will also be back, a trademark of Treyarch-developed CoD games. CoD: Black Ops 2 launches November 13.