Victor has new details about the villain in Thor: The Dark World, Paranormal Activity 4, and more in the Rundown.
- Christopher Eccleston, also known as the guy who played Doctor Who for a bit before David Tenant, has been cast as the main villain in Thor: The Dark World. He will play Malekith The Accursed, a dark elf who enters into an alliance with Thor’s villainous brother Loki. Shooting will begin this fall, with a release date set for November 6, 2013.
- The sequel to X-Men: First Class has been titled X-Men: Days of Future Past. The film will crib from a very popular story arc in the X-Men comics that deal with time-travel, alternate realities, and a dystopian future. The film will take place in the 1960-70’s, and we will see just exactly how much time travel it has when it hits in the summer of 2014.
- Paranormal Activity 4 has received a trailer. This one looks to be the first true sequel continuing the story of the original, as the last two films were both prequels. The gimmick this time seems to be using webcam’s as a main viewpoint, and Skype-style conversations between characters to up the tension. Of course, the video feed breaks up right on cue (in that way that internet video only breaks up in movies) to deliver the jolts. Paranormal Activity 4 hits theaters October 19.
- Wes Craven is throwing his hat into the comic ring, announcing a five-issue series for release next year. The series is called Coming of Rage (see what he did there?), and though no plot details are known, it is said that he is helming a big-screen adaptation of the story as well.
- Army of Two is getting a third entry. Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel will see the two protagonists head to Mexico and shoot bad guys. Apparently it’s more gritty and realistic this time, compared to the more campy games of the past. More details will come soon, as the game is being fast track for a March 2013 release.