Victor has the latest details on DC and Marvel superhero movies, and more, in the Rundown.
- Marvel had a field day at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, announcing something just shy of a trillion movies. The real number was five, with a mix of sequels and new franchises coming up. Iron Man 3 (May 3, 2013), Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 4, 2014), Thor: The Dark World (November 8, 2013), Guardians of the Galaxy (August 1, 2014), and Ant-Man (release TBD) were all announced and shown off in some capacity. Unfortunately all of the footage shown was exclusive to the audience at the panels, but we’re sure it won’t be long until Marvel content starts raining on us in a big way.
- Jessica Biel has been offered a role in the upcoming Wolverine sequel. The role is that of Viper, who also goes by the name Madame Hydra. Viper is a bad ass terrorist who works for the organization HYDRA, and has gone up against the likes of Wolverine, the X-Men, Captain America and others. Wolverine is set to hit theaters next year.
- Daniel Radcliffe is going to extreme lengths to distance himself from any Harry Potter stigma. He has been cast in Horns, the next horror film from Alexandre Aja, whose past films like High Tension and Piranha 3D show he is no stranger to graphic violence. Radcliffe will play a man who finds a pair of devilish horns growing on his head. No word yet on when it will hit theaters, but we will keep you in the loop. Here is a trailer of Radcliffe’s latest mature role in The Woman in Black.
- There is a new Dexter game hitting PC, iOS and Android devices soon. Elegantly titled Dexter The Game 2, it will be a sequel to the original Dexter adventure released in 2009. Players will explore an open world, investigate crime scenes and find clues to track down their next victims. Michael C. Hall will lend his voice and likeness to the game, which should launch alongside the seventh season premiere on September 30.
- F1 Race Stars is coming this November, an arcade style Formula 1 racer that will feature outlandish characters, cars and tracks. If you are looking for something more realistic, F1 2012 will arrive in September.