Victor has details on an extended cut of Prometheus, casting news on the Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire, and more in the Rundown.
- Were you a bit confused by Prometheus? Well, that problem may be resolved or compacted, depending on what is in the 20 minutes of footage put into the extended cut that’s hitting Blu-Ray this fall. Ridley Scott has revealed that the extended cut (separate from a director’s cut, Scott is actually happy with the theatrical release) will be included in the Blu-Ray release, but did not detail what the added scenes will involve. We will just have to wait and see, the Prometheus Blu-Ray is expected to land this October.
- Mission Impossible III villain Philip Seymour Hoffman has been offered a role in Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire. The role would be of the new Head Gamemaker who is secretly the leader of a rebel group. He hasn’t officially taken the role, but we will keep you posted. Catching Fire is on track for a November 2013 release.
- Looks like Venom and Spider-Man are destined to go at it again. It has been revealed that The Amazing Spider-Man and the upcoming Venom film take place in the same universe, and it is very likely that paths will cross in the inevitable sequels. The Amazing Spider-Man hits July 3, no word yet on a Venom release date.
- To celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Star Trek: The Next Generation, two episodes of the series will be shown back-to-back (or side-by-side, if you will) in theaters on July 23. The episodes have been remastered in HD as part of the show’s upcoming Blu-Ray release, and the event will also include interviews with cast and crew. Head here to check out participating theaters, and pick up the first season of TNG on Blu-Ray on July 24.
- Have you ever wanted to run through a world of flesh-eating zombies, constantly evaded your probable demise, just like they do in Walking Dead? Well great, because The Walking Dead Escape: San Diego will be at San Diego Comic-Con from July 12-15. You will be able to run through an obstacle course filled with zombies, having to run, climb, and crawl to avoid them. Early registration is recommended, which you can do right here. In other Walking Dead news, issue #100 is being released at Comic-Con, with creator Robert Kirkman on hand to sign autographs.
- Adventure Time, the favorite TV show of everybody that loves anything weird, now has its own official iOS game. Legends of Ooo: The Big Hollow Princess is now available on iOS devices. It plays like an old-school point and click adventure where you must find random items to solve weird puzzles and help save zany characters. We can’t wait. Head here to buy the app.