Briana has rumours about an extended cut of The Avengers, casting news on Dexter season 7, and more in the Rundown.
- Not to be outdone by Prometheus, The Avengers may be offering an extended cut of its own this summer. Rumors are spreading that an extended cut featuring about 30 minutes of footage will be released in theaters by the end of the summer. The footage will also be included in this fall’s Blu-Ray release, though it may just be available separately as deleted scenes. We will let you know if an official announcement is made.
- Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck, Mass Effect) has joined season seven of Dexter. She’ll play a new character with a mysterious past who ends up working with the titular serial killer. The seventh, penultimate season has already begun shooting, and will premiere this fall.
- Valve has announced yet another project that isn’t Half-Life 3. Just to add salt to the wound, this one isn’t even a video game. Valve has teamed up with 9 director Shane Acker to create an animated film called Deep. The post-apocalyptic tale will be created using Valve’s Source engine which will cut down development time and costs. This will also lend the game well to an eventual video game adaptation (get your shakin’ fists ready, should that game also release before Half-Life 3).
- The answers to one of life’s burning questions is finally close to being answered: What happened between the two Tron movies? The answers come via new animated series Tron: Uprising which premieres June 23. The series takes place between the two neon films, and focuses on a new computer programmer who leads a cyber revolution in The Grid. Uprising features voice talents of Elijah Wood, Lance Henriksen, and Tron co-star Bruce Boxleitner.
- The Diablo III real world auction house has now gone live in North America. This allows players to buy and sell in game gear, in exchange for real-life currency. If you ever wanted to make a career out of playing Diablo III, now’s your time to shine! In other, less interesting news, there is another auction house that works the same way, except it deals with boring old in-game currency.