Victor has news about Iron Man 3′s appearance at the San Diego Comic-Con, and more in the Rundown.
- Attendees of next month’s San Diego Comic-Con will be treated to the first information and footage of Iron Man 3. The stars will host a special panel and show off early footage of the film, which just began shooting a couple weeks ago. Everyone else will have to wait until the film is released on May 3, 2013.
- The second trailer for Total Recall has been released, showing off some new footage. The remake has COlin Farrell playing a man who learns his whole life and all his memories have been implanted in his brain. Total Recall releases August 3.
- Despite reports following the filming of Hugo that all of his future films will be in 3D, Martin Scorsese isn’t quite done with 2D after all. His next film, The Wolf of Wall Street will be shot in 2D when it goes into production later this year. One interesting note though is that despite going back to 2D Scorsese, long a fighter of shooting on traditional film, will be shooting Wall Street digitally.
- Damon Lindelof, co-creator of Lost and lover of all mysteries, is returning to TV. He will produce a TV series based off the bestselling novel The Leftovers, which chronicles the events in a small town after many of its residents have mysteriously vanished. No word yet on a premiere date, but that’s just one of the many unanswered questions we expect from a Lindelof series.
- As if the announcement of the Indiana Jones collections as well as a Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection wasn’t enough to satisfy your high-def needs, Universal has announced the Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection for blu-ray. The set will include eight classic horror films like Dracula and The Wolfman, each completely restored and more frightening than ever. The set will also include behind the scenes content and a 48 page art book. Releasing October 2, this fall is looking to be very expensive for classic film lovers.
- The trailer for a new animated epic, aptly titled Epic, has hit the net. It tells the story of a battle between good and evil in a forest inhabited by pint-sized humans and other creatures. The film hits in 2013, but you can take a look at the trailer below and judge for yourself if it looks suitably epic.
- If the newly unveiled Nintendo 3DS XL’s lack of a second analog stick irked you, this piece of news is really gonna grind your gears. Nintendo has announced that the 3DS XL is getting its own Circle Pad Pro, which retrofits a second analog stick onto the super-sized handheld. Considering the XL is already a substantial piece of hardware in your hands, one can only imagine that the CPP add-on will make the device downright beastly. We will have to see how it fits when the 3DS XL releases on August 19.