THE BUZZ: EA and DICE will be taking Battlefield 3 players Back to Karkand this December?but for now, some new information and details about the expansion have come out.
Here’s the new info, along with previously-known details, in case you’ve missed anything about what’ll be included.
- 4 reimagined maps from Battlefield 2: Gulf of Oman, Sharqi Peninsula, Strike at Karkand, and Wake Island
- Back to Karkand maps will fully integrate with standard Battlefield 3 maps for servers
- 7 capture points for maps confirmed
- 10 new weapons: MP5, PP-19, L96A1, L85, FAMAS, Type 88, Jackhammer, MG36, Type 95, Type 97
- 3 new vehicles: DPV (Desert Patrol Vehicle), BTR-90 (a Russian 8×8 wheeled armored personal carrier), and F-35B STOVL Jet Fighter
- The return of Conquest Assault mode
- Enhanced destruction and “persistence” over the standard Battlefield 3 offerings
Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand will be free for those who pre-ordered Battlefield 3, or $14.99 otherwise when it hits this December.
EGM’s TAKE: Back to Karkand is sounding like a nice little bundle of content for the game, but the “enhanced destruction” part of the pack is a little interesting. Does that mean that they toned down the destruction for the main portion of Battlefield 3, or that they just had more time to work on destruction for Back to Karkand?
As reported by: EGM